From Linux NFS
(Created page with "== Support for Linux NFS/RDMA Client upstream == === Goals === Provide maintenance resources for NFS/RDMA and RPC/RDMA client-side code in the Linux kernel to support continuou...")
Newer edit →
Revision as of 17:21, 3 March 2014
Support for Linux NFS/RDMA Client upstream
Provide maintenance resources for NFS/RDMA and RPC/RDMA client-side code in the Linux kernel to support continuous testing of upstream kernels and identify engineering resources for bug fixes and enhancements. We are also working to identify resources for supporting server-side code.
Upstream bug tracking is here.
Our Pivotal Tracking project lists individual work items and defines several long-term arcs. At a high level, these include:
- Broad support for a variety of InfiniBand hardware
- Performance and scalability enhancements that require nontrivial implementation effort
- Support for NFSv4.1
- Observability enhancements to enable distributor support teams and customers to diagnose and address problems
Lower priority items include notably:
- Maintenance of the Linux NFS/RDMA server implementation
- Support for iWARP and RoCE
- Support for pNFS over RDMA