From Linux NFS
Revision as of 16:18, 15 June 2007 by Trondmy
Some specific projects; follow links for more details on design requirements and implementation plans. If you intend to work on any of these, please keep in close contact with other developers, using email@example.com.
- pseudofilesystem improvements: The NFSv4 server currently patches together export paths in a way that is inconsistent with NFSv2 and NFSv3 and causes severe problems for automount users.
- gss callbacks: We currently don't support rpcsec_gss security on the callback channel, which means that if you mount with krb5 then you don't get the benefit of delegations.
- client ACL tools: The client ACL utilities need some work
- wireshark improvements: Wireshark (previously known as ethereal) is useful for debugging NFSv4 problems. But it could be more useful.
- error reporting: It's easier for people to set up nfsv4 and krb5 if we give people informative error messages when something is wrong.