From Linux NFS
- Kernel version: 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52
- Bug 16056
- Reported by: Leszek Urbanski (May 26, 2010)
- Fixed by: Trond Myklebust (July 30, 2010)
- Arch: amd64
- NFS v3 client.
- Copy large file to an NFS-mounted filesystem.
- larger than the amount of available physical memory
- swapper and rpciod on the client complain about page allocation failures.
- kswapd goes into a deadlock, resulting in a system-wide crash.
- Crash on UDP and TCP mounts
Author: Trond Myklebust <Trond.Myklebust@netapp.com>
Date: Fri Jul 30 15:31:54 2010 -0400
NFS: kswapd must not block in nfs_release_page
If other processes are blocked waiting for kswapd to free up some memory so
that they can make progress, then we cannot allow kswapd to block on those
Signed-off-by: Trond Myklebust <Trond.Myklebust@netapp.com>